This tropical flower hand-tied arrangement consists of many Beautiful Tropical flowers, including: Nutans, Green anthuriums and the "Birds of Paradise" strelitzia flower. This extravagant aquapack also has lovely lush green foilage.
This exotic arrangement of Nutans, Birds of paradise and anthuriums is skilfully created by our well trained florists from Edinburgh florist, The Harvest Garden, and delivered to your door. This arrangement could even be delivered on the same day!
These Tropical Flowers can be delivered by The Harvest Garden with that extra personal touch, we can provide a variety of similar arrangements including:
Your flowers have been carefully grown, picked, hand arranged and protected at every stage to ensure they arrive with you in peak condition. Some of your flowers may arrive in bud but these will open giving you maximum vase life.
If you follow our simple care instructions your flowers should last for at least 7 days.
• On arrival remove flowers from all packaging and using a sharp knife or scissors cut 2- 3 cm off each stem
• Remove any leaves that would be below the waterline of the vase as these will start to decay causing bacteria to build up in the vase
• Place flowers in a clean vase, filled with fresh water and flower food, following the instructions on the sachet. Keep the water level topped up regularly
• Avoid placing your display near ripening fruit, direct heat, in direct sunlight or in a draught
• Re-cutting the stems every 3 to 4 days may make your flowers last longer
• If your roses droop try re-cutting the stems and standing them in warm water
• If your flowers arrive by post they may appear soft due to the fact that they have been without water for a few days. Once placed in water the stems and buds will firm up as they re-hydrat
Flowering plants in the family proteaceae, native to Zimbabwe and South Africa, where they occupy a variety of habitats, including scrub, forest, and mountain slopes.
A wonderfully exotic flower, the strelitzia is more commonly known as "the bird of paradise" due to its resemblance to this wonderfully exotic bird species! The strelitzia is a superb flower - now used widely through out floristry, thanks to its strong stem, long lasting flowers and versatile nature.The bird of paradise is a versatile and striking addition to any environment.
Anthuriums are one of the most popular tropicals with a long vase life of about six weeks and even more depending on the variety and season.
Anthuriums are herbaceous epiphytes, native to tropical America. Anthurium is a genus of more than 800 species found in the New World tropics from Mexico to northern Argentina and Uruguay. The Anthurium is also known as Painted Tongue, Flamingo Flower (Flamingo Lily) or Tail Flower. Anthuriums are grown for their brightly colored flower spathes and their ornamental leaves.
The red, heart-shaped flower of Anthuriums is really a spathe, or waxy, modified leaf flaring out from the base of a fleshy spike (spadix) where the tiny real flowers grow.